FPCA Virtual Visits
FPCA is now offering virtual visits! A virtual visit allows you to see your provider from your home, office and anywhere in the United States with a personal computer or mobile device.
Virtual Visit Hours:
For virtual visit availability and hours at a specific location, please visit your FPCA office location’s page.
Click the link for your location to start a virtual visit:
FPCA Virtual Visit is NOT compatible with Internet Explorer or Edge. Firefox or Chrome are required for personal computers and Android devices. Apple users can install a mobile app for easy access.
(Internet Explorer, Edge, and Safari are not compatible.)
First-time users, please read the following:
A virtual visit is similar to an office visit with your provider, but instead of coming to the office, you will be connected by a secure video link with your provider. You will be able to see your provider and your provider will be able to see you (similar to FaceTime or Skype).
There are two types of virtual visit visits:
- On-Demand Visit – this is similar to a “walk-in” visit in that you sign in and a provider who is available will see you. These types of visits are available during our usual walk-in hours.
- Scheduled Visits – this would be a visit that has been previously scheduled with your provider. Before you have your scheduled visit, you will have to register at the link below.
If you are new to virtual visit, please read the FAQs below, especially the item regarding billing. At the bottom, you can follow the link to register with FPCA connected care to get started
- What type of visit can I use virtual visit for?
- What should you NOT use virtual visit visits for?
- Is a virtual visit Secure?
- Can I get prescriptions?
- How much will the visit cost and will you bill my insurance?
- What if my problems cannot be handled by the virtual visit?
What types of visits may I use a virtual visit for?
Visits can be for both acute (“sick”) visits and also for follow-up visits for various conditions.
Appropriate Sick visits would include:
- Minor respiratory illness – such as sinusitis, minor cough, and congestion. Do not use this if you have shortness of breath or asthma/lung disease, or you have a high fever.
- Minor rashes such as poison ivy, dry skin or minor skin irritations
- Chronic urinary tract infections
- Mild stomach flu
- Mild heartburn
- Minor injuries
- Smoking cessation
- Weight problems
- ADHD Medication Refills
- Depression/Anxiety Follow-Up
- Travel Health Visits
- Transitional Care Management
Visits that may be appropriate for follow up care with your provider include:
- High blood pressure
- High Cholesterol
- Migraine headaches
- Erectile dysfunction
What should you NOT use virtual visit for?
Virtual visits are not for emergencies. You should not request an appointment for any serious or life-threatening conditions. Conditions that would not be appropriate for virtual visits would include:
- Chest Pain
- Heart symptoms such as palpitations
- Neurological symptoms that might suggest a stroke
- Shortness of breath
- Severe vomiting or diarrhea
- Severe pain
- Significant injuries with possible broken bone
- Head injuries
- Substance Abuse or Alcoholism
- Severe depression or suicidal thinking
Is a Virtual Visit Secure?
We use a secure video link that is HIPAA compliant.
Can I get prescriptions?
If indicated, your provider will be able to prescribe medication that will be recorded in your chart. We will not be able to prescribe controlled drugs such as narcotics (Percocet, Vicodin etc.) nor sedative medications such as valium, lorazepam, Xanax, etc. If you are on a controlled drug on a regular basis, a virtual visit may be appropriate for some follow-up visits, if your provider is comfortable with this.
How much will the visit cost and will you bill my insurance?
We will bill your insurance, but if it is not covered by your insurance you are responsible for paying the cost of the visit. If your insurance denies payment for a virtual visit, you will be billed at our discounted cash payment fee. These visits are usually $48 – $75 depending on the complexity of the visit, number of problems discussed, and amount of time needed to complete the visit.
What if my problems cannot be handled by the Virtual Visit?
We will make every effort to treat you during the virtual visit, but there may be times where a face-to-face visit is required for accurate diagnosis and treatment. So during your virtual visit, you may be directed to schedule an appointment to be seen at our offices. In such cases, we will not charge for the virtual visit as long as you are seen in our office within during the time period recommended by the provider during the virtual visit.