Kezia L. Ellison, M.D.
Medical SchoolA graduate of Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine in Scranton, Pa, she also received a Master’s in Biomedical Sciences from Geisinger and a Master’s of Arts in Women’s Health from Suffolk University in Boston, Massachusetts. Her bachelor’s degree is in Human Biology from Brown University in Providence, R.I.
Residency ProgramMeritus Family Medicine Residency Program in Hagerstown, MD
Awards & HonorsGold Humanism Honors Society
Community Advocacy Award, Meritus Family Medicine Residency Program
Additional Relevant Information
Dr. Ellison strives to positively impact the health and well-being of people of all ages across their lifespan through the practice of full spectrum family medicine with an integrative approach. Dr. Ellison founded Educating Teens, Inc., where she provided comprehensive HIV prevention education to youth and their families for over 20 years. Her clinical interests include maternal & child health, chronic disease and obesity management and in-office procedures. She is a contributor to Our Bodies, Ourselves and continues an interest in the health of healthcare workers. Outside of medicine, she is an avid cook and gardener who enjoys jazz and classical music and has a passion for interior design and historic preservation. She currently serves on the board of the Pittsburgh History & Landmarks Foundation.
Medical Areas of Interest/ Clinical Activities
- Care of the entire family, including newborns and pediatrics
- Women’s health including:
- Pap smears and Endometrial Biopsies
- Nexplanon insertion and removal
- (Intrauterine device placement and removal)
- (Prenatal Care for low risk patients)
- Chronic disease management including hypertension and diabetes
- Obesity Medicine
- Skin biopsy and removal of skin lesions
- Minor Surgery including cryotherapy, minor laceration repair, I&D