Coronavirus / COVID-19
Following is information regarding symptoms, diagnosis and treatment of Coronavirus. For up-to-date information, please visit www.cdc.gov/coronavirus.
CORONAVIRUS UPDATE, March 16, 2020
IF, you have
- A fever
- A cough
- Difficulty breathing (not a sore throat or upper congestion) or
- Close contact to a person who is under investigation or care for COVID-19 while that person was ill
- Please do NOT come to one of our offices
- Please CALL us regarding your symptoms and exposure history or VISIT www.fpca.net/virtual to initiate a virtual visit.
- We will contact the Frederick County Health Department on your behalf
- Tests are in short supply and testing in office is challenging due to high transmissibility of illness. COVID-19 testing will not change the course of illness as there is no specific treatment for Coronavirus and should presently be reserved for the sickest patients.
To protect yourself and others
- Avoid contact with others
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or your elbow
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds [hand sanitizer (minimum 60% alcohol) is your back up]
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Stay home when you are sick
- Visit the CDC website for suggestions on how to prepare
The medical community’s understanding of 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) is quickly advancing and therefore quickly changing. www.cdc.gov/coronavirus is your best up-to-the-minute resource for information regarding coronavirus. Please rely on this valuable resource for trusted information about coronavirus.Tags: coronavirus